View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 02:05 AM   #7
Joydeck
Joydeck began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
Rooting is easy and gives a better Library app if all you use is My Files
Yes, but I value the many highlights I've already made. Neither the rooted library app, nor the B&N's Now Reading from the book icon or Home Page, will recognise my highlights! That's why I still use the B&N library app, at least, for the time being. And, yes, all I ever use is My Files and side-loaded books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domani7 View Post
So you get an sd card, and you make your own folders with an underscore in front, and sort all your books into the folders. And then when you turn on the nook your folders are just there? Are they in "My files" or somewhere else?
Confusingly, the label My Files refers to two entities. Firstly, your two folder structures - one in NOOK Files, the other in Memory Card (the SD card) - which I order by File Name. Secondly, the two My Files folders within each structure: these My Files folders are useless.

Whenever I go to Library and choose My Files from the drop down menu and then select Memory Card, my underscored files appear on the first page (the root level). Incidentally, when I select Memory Card, I see _Current Reads, _My Docs, _References, _Testing and, screensaver on the first page (the root level).
Joydeck is offline   Reply With Quote