View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #353
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I live in North America a few months out of the year, specifically the California central valley. I think that Wi-Fi is more accessible there than it is here in Germany, at least free access is. I use McDonald's and Starbucks hot spots there, but the Wi-Fi hotspot built into my Android smartphone gives me access via EDGE or 3G everywhere I am, so when all else fails I just turn on the phone's Wi-Fi hotspot wherever I am, here or in California. Unfortunately, EDGE and 3G have quota limits that can end up costing money, so Wi-Fi is a better choice when available.
Since you're specifically paying extra on your plan to use your cell phone (through it's 3G/4G connection) as a hotspot, it doesn't actually invalidate my point - public wi-fi in North America is scattered enough that you can't rely on it as a tablet user who is stuck using the cloud to access most of their files and functionality.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote