View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #51
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
How is ROM patching different from flashing?

What size is the Kindle U-Boot image (after stripping)?

Wherever U-Boot loads from, it is running when USB/HID mode is active. It also has initialized serial I/O and MMC. I would like to be able to call it to output to the serial port, and to access wherever idme stores the board ID and serial number.

So perhaps u-boot lives in the boot record in the partition table then, just like a bootable hard drive contains a boot loader starting on sector zero that interprets the partition table (if it finds one) and loads and executes another boot loader from the primary bootable partition.

Then the code in the CPU must just be to find and load u-boot on whichever supported device contains it, including MMC.

If u-boot lives in sector zero of the partition table, it would start at address zero of the MMC.

I thought eureka examined all of mmc0 and did not see the u-boot information given by PoP.

Still confused, more or less...

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-22-2012 at 04:14 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote