View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 04:46 AM   #5
wiccan2
Connoisseur
wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3 - 3g, Samsung Galaxy Note
Thank you everybody for your feedback. It's nice to see there is a group of people out there that would find this useful. At the moment the application is fairly complete as far as core functionality goes so now its just time to fix a few small bugs and add some useful features.

The application should be ready to download in about a week to a week and a half depending on what kind of problems that could occur in development.

The first version will be classified as a beta and as such may have bugs that have not been spotted during development so just be patient and let me know so I can fix them as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
Export clippings as XML would be awesome!
This is all ready in the application and working, glad to see people would like this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestjeter View Post
-Put automatically together all the clippings from the same book, sorting them by groups according to type; that is to say: notes, highlight and then bookmarks.
At current the application sorts all of the clippings into their respective books. I will look at adding in the grouping of notes, highlights and bookmarks and hopefully I can add it in before I release the first version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbw View Post
I NEED this app...to run on Mac. Please. :-)
The whole application is written in Java which is platform independent so I see no reason as to why it won't run on Mac, Linux or Windows. I even managed to get some of the code to run on the Kindle itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
I already wrote my own script to edit/manipulate "My Clippings.txt". Since I'm a programmer, any time I want to manipulate data, I do it myself.

Since, if you sync your annotations, the notes, etc. display on the kindle.amazon.com web site, it is already readily accessible by many people.
It's nice to see that there are other programmers out there that have done something similar to this as it shows that there is a need for manipulating the clippings in this way. It's is possible to sync the clippings to Amazon but to my knowledge only clippings associated with a book downloaded from Amazon get synced to their web page. I started writing this application because I use my Kindle at university and have digital copies of my notes on my Kindle. Any notes I make on these documents would not be synced to Amazon. For this reason there is a need for an application like this and I hope that people will find the application useful. The source code for the library I wrote to parse the clippings is available in the developers section although there have been quite a few changes since I posted them. Updated versions will be updated after this application is released. I hope that you will download my application when it's ready and just take a look to see what it can do. I'm always open to suggestions/constructive criticism from fellow developers.
wiccan2 is offline   Reply With Quote