View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 11:50 PM   #8
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
I received my Cybook this morning and have been comparing it to my Sony 505. Both are beautiful in their own way. I really like the feel of the 505, the weight, brushed metal, and case. The Cybook's support of Mobipocket and the ability to do a dictionary lookup forced my hand.

The button to turn the pages on the Cybook is hard to get used to. I think the unit is slightly defective - it takes more force than it should. (BTW, I e-mailed customer support and they were extremely responsive. I may return the unit).

The leather case for the Cybook bugs me. The magnets don't stick so it kind of flops open. I can't imagine not using a case of some kind.

When I first turned the unit on I thought the Cybook display was better than the 505. I may be imagining things but In natural light the Cybook looks better. At best they are very similar. When I figure out how to load more fonts the edge will go to the Cybook.

The fact that the Cybook is easily recognized by my PC and it's a piece of cake to transfer books is a great plus.

I plan to deck out the family with Cybooks so I can forget about the hassles of converting LIT files, etc. and standardizing on the Mobipocket platform (via Fictionwise of course ). Viva La France!
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote