View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
moriakaice, first of all welcome on board! Most of us started reading e-books on a PDA. I read my first e-books on a classic green-monochrome Palm Vx. So given your current budget, I think you'd be happy with a (used) Tungsten T3 or any other PDA that has at least a resolution of 320x320. I wouldn't go for a Pocket PC unless it offers VGA resolution.

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriakaice
Hi! I've been reading MobileRead for couple of days... But delayed registration till now. Anyway, to the topic...

I really love the e-Ink technology, but ATM I'm only reading e-Books on my PC. The LCD screen doesn't hurt your eyes that much, but it's still not mobile, which is my biggest problem. Therefore I'd like to ask you - with which e-Book device should I start? I liked the description of eBookWise 1150, but it's only for sale in USA and Canada (and I live in Poland - God, why it's like it's 3rd World country? :/), so it's unavailable for me
Then, I've seen some of you recommend Tungsten T3 palm... Or Cassiopeia A-20 in case of kacir... I'd like to ask if it's hard or not to read on Palm? I'm probably going to read mostly during my travel to the university (which takes me about 1 hour).

Oh, and the second problem (aprat from the shipping one) - the price. I'd like something up to 150$ (not everyone is rich enough to afford iRex :P) - it can be used device... + I don't want to be forced to pay another 150$ for shipping costs :P

So, what should I get?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote