View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 01:45 PM   #8
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Resurrecting a quite old thread!
I installed midnight commander on my kt3 and was mucking around with it, when I came across this thread.
I can't remember the link in MR from where I downloaded the dump. It creates a folder 'local' in /mnt/us with 3 sub-folders: mc, terminal and lib. The total size is around 10 MB.
A KUAL button doesn't seem to be available. My attempts to create it failed. So I managed with a script in the /mnt/us/kterm folder: mc - which contains:

Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/us/local/lib
/mnt/us/local/mc/bin/mc
The question asked here: how to create mcedit - remained incompletely answered. I created one more script: mcedit - containing:

Code:
/mnt/us/local/mc/bin/mc -e $@
To round off things, I also created mcview with:

Code:
/mnt/us/local/mc/bin/mc -v $@
The 3 flavours of mc can be started from kterm as: ./mc, ./mcedit and ./mcview

The KUAL button remains to be created - experts help needed!
Also, the /mnt/us/local folder seems to contain many unused files - need to identify and remove.

Quite nice to see the mc 2-pane view on the Kindle! See screenshot attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mc_screenshot.png
Views:	339
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	151235  

Last edited by nasser; 08-28-2016 at 01:48 PM. Reason: missed file upload
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote