View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #53
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by brdwygurl View Post
Yea I checked it out when they first offered it but couldn't really see much advantage over FLP's overdrive collection. I guess if they offered books or publishers that weren't available through overdrive.
I found something interesting on Freading last night: they have a pretty good selection of the Barnes & Noble Classic Editions. As far as I know, those are only sold by B&N for use with Nook... since B&N uses their own proprietary DRM, there's no legal way to read them on other eink readers (unless you hack a Sony and load the Nook app). Apparently Overdrive carries them as well although only one of my local libraries has a couple of them (Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland). The Overdrive versions actually have covers in the EPUB while the Nookbook versions don't. I'm not sure about the Freading versions. Just figured I'd point it out.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote