Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #984
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by antxc View Post
Thanks. I have read through the threads on adding your own fonts and it seems really easy, will try it this afternoon. Can anyone confirm it actually works on 2.1.1, though? I think I remember someone mentioning that it no longer works a couple of pages back.
What seems to no longer work was creating a custom firmware file that contained nothing but the fonts moved from older firmware versions.

I've tried several different fonts using the fonts folder in the root of the Kobo's internal storage but the only one I've been happy with is JSWolf's modified version of Charis SIL. It has the diacritical marks I wanted and the increase in the font weight makes reading in less than bright light much easier.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote