View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
The firmware contains it all. Well, let me rephrase that. If one gets the update which is larger than 9MB, it contains EVERYTHING. But an update of 5MB or less, just contains that part of the firmware that is changing. The OS an app, combined, are quite small-footprint.

Derek
I guess it depends on your definiition of firmware. A system folder on the devices non-volitile RAM drive could be called firmware. I usually think of firmware as code stored in a ROM chip.

For example, in a PC, the BIOS is firmware but the OS is software... the only real difference is where it is stored. Also firmware is usually specific to a specialized piece of hardware.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote