View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #60
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Downloaded new source. Seems to work for both issues.

When the plugin runs and returns, it now displays the dialog/messages ok, without me having to make any changes to my code.

If the Kindle is not connected when the plugin runs, calibre no longer errors and my plugin issues the usual warning about no device.

So that's what Dispatcher/FunctionDispatcher are for - thanks for wrapping it automatically so I don't need to add it myself

I'll do more testing, but it looks great!

One thing I did notice is that my job is not fully complete until the user confirms OK in the info/error dialog I present in my complete function (the job is marked 100% but not Finished), so Send Metadata doesn't run until I press OK. But all I need to do is present the report to the user - the function is fully complete and I don't really want to hold up any queued jobs waiting for the report to be read. It doesn't matter (and might not be a good idea), but it might be nice to avoid the block - is there a different way to call one of the dialog functions?
meme is offline   Reply With Quote