View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #10
ZombWii
Enthusiast
ZombWii began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I think 'written reviews' have a certain value of course. However, from a retailers standpoint you have to consider that they have...what 80,000+ products, and each would have 'reviews' potentially, and reviews like forums (e.g. this thing we are currently on) need oversight and checking, and moderation to ensure that bad and inappropriate stuff is not mixed in with the proper and appropriate stuff, and that, as on Amazon some time ago, authors are not writing reviews for their own product...and also that customer complaints regarding the tangibles are not part of a book review.... Does "I paid $8 for this and it doesn't justify properly and I think it may be missing images...I wish I has bought a Kindle!" really belong next to book reviews regarding the nature and quality of the writing? I think those belong in an exchange with customer support, not a book review.
I think it's a world of headaches that Kobo can, at this point in development, and with their "underdog" status, choose to justifiably ignore.
ZombWii is offline   Reply With Quote