View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:18 AM   #58
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
It's all about perspective, personally I would class myself as being more in the middle, your stated opinions such as the news having a liberal bias and supporting abstince sex-ed actually put you quite firmly to the right of centre.
I would not agree that stating the news has a liberal bias would cement someone to the right of center. It all depends on what you're looking at. Talk radio is certainly weighted to the right while print media tends to lean to the left. Fox News made a strategic decision to court viewers from the right because Murdoch felt it was a large untapped market. Ratings at this point appear to have proven him correct. NBC, after watching Fox New's success, made a sharp turn to the left, hoping to capitalize on loyalty from the more liberal viewers. It is my opinion that the reason Fox New's has higher ratings than the other cable news shows is because they have little competition in serving the interest of conservative viewers while liberal viewers have more choices.

Anyway, there have been studies on media bias. Here is one by UCLA:

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla...UCLA-6664.aspx

You may not agree with this study and you may not agree with me, but you should show some care when classifying someone else as "quite firmly right of centre" based on supporting abstinence sex-ed and stating the media has bias. Perhaps this person also believes in a very progressive income tax, welfare programs, affirmative action and other such causes.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote