View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Just to confirm, as I expected, I was able to run a Calibre2Opds catalog and associated library via a USB drive plugged into my Apotop WiFi Reader that I mentioned earlier.

I was able to run both the HTML version of the catalog, and also the OPDS version via Marvin on my iPad. Something I need to remember as an easy way of taking my library with me when on the move and download books on demand to any Wifi enabled device.

In fact since the ApoTop also has a LAN port I can also do it via Wired LAN when at home. I must see what performance is like if I run Calibre2Opds to generate a new library and catalog over the LAN directly to the USB stick I have plugged into the ApoTop.

For me this means that the Transformer mentioned earlier is probably not what I want as the ApoTop already does sufficient at a fraction of the price (£26 vs £89+WiFi access point cost).

Last edited by itimpi; 10-30-2013 at 09:38 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote