View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #12
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Yes, I meant the TOC, not index, which typically is at the front of the book (if it's there at all, many books still don't have one).

Reading a lot of new authors means all those pages of other books they've written are new (but those are often at the end of the book, which is the correct placement to me). If I like the book, I want to know what else the author has written. So yes, I do read those pages too. While I do reread some books, it's not too often, so rereading the same content isn't a problem for me, I of course skip over those the 2nd time around.

I don't mind skipping the cover, but other pages shouldn't be skipped to me. The next time I notice it, I'll have to open up the book in Sigil and see if there is some reference on where to start.

But I'll still always want to start at the beginning and not miss the epigraphs or dedications.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote