View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 01:54 AM   #22322
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Who was I kidding? I actually imagined that my trip through Bureaucracy Land was going to go smoothly. More the fool, me.
So first I went to the Ministry of Justice and got the Bank papers that I had notarized by the Ministry of Notary or whatever stamped that they were legally stamped by the Notary. That went smoothly. Then I went to the Prefectural Police Headquarters and picked up the police report saying I was a good boy. That also went smoothly. Lulled me into a false sense of serenity. So off I went to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get my Marriage license, Medical form attesting to the fact that I was NOT in 3rd stage of Syphilis, nor a drug addict, the Police report, and the Bank papers stamped by THAT office... and they refused the Medical reports. Silly me, I went to the Osaka University Medical Center Hospital and Center for Disease Control for Japan for the exam. Although this Hospital is a complex of 5 large buildings, it seems it is a 'private' hospital, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs requires medical forms to come from 'public' hospitals... They took my other forms and told me to return on Monday to pick them up. And we are busy this weekend so there is no time to get to another hospital for another medical exam before Tuesday, so I'll have to go Monday to pick up the forms I dropped off today, then back again on Wednesday to drop OFF the medical forms, then back again three days after that to pick them up again....

I am beginning to reconsider this move...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote