View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 10:08 AM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
JPlumey's and Brian's reactions are of the sort that always puzzle me -- if you don't like it, why do you have to make it seem so horrible? It's a free book, fercrissakes, why make it seem like such an evil deed?
Did I say they were bad for offering it? All I was saying is it'd make more sense to get & give away the first book than the second. Series generally suck when read out of order & the first books available free through the publishers site as a PDF (and for the Kindle on Amazon) so Sony should be able to get it. Guess if someone makes a comment that must mean they don't appreciate the free book.

I actually wouldn't mind reading this series if they'd make it all available in ebook form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey
It's really quite simple: They want to promote the second book in the series. I think it's not a stretch of the imagination to assume that this second title - available June 10, according to their web site - will also be available from Sony on that date or shorly thereafter.

At least, that's how my mind works in formulating a rationale for giving this particular title away for free.
Umm, this is the second book. If their promoting anything it's the next book 'I shall not want' which is book 6 in the series.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 06-06-2008 at 02:14 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote