View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #64
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
Is that how your program handles pdf files??
There is no need to ask. Install the free 7-day trial version and see for yourself.

I did, based on this thread. And I have now bought the full version.

And to try to answer your question:

It is possible to activate reflow on PDF:s. Then you can scale the font. This usually works fine on pure text PDF:s. But one problem is that the reflow still respects pagebrakes. This means that with a larger font a page may be rendered as one full page, followed by a partly empty page, This can also be considered as a good thing, since page headers always appear at the top, and page footers at the bottom, only not on every page if you scale up too much.

If you scale the font so a page is rendered as *almost* two full pages, you (almost) get what you desire.

Another way is to activate reflow and scale the font until the page almost fills the screen. The reflow maximises the use of the screen, so one full page may be rendered with a larger font and smaller margins around the text. Without reflow a lot of the screen may be poorly used.

I actually find the PDF reflow useful in Mantano, even if it is not as good as for epub, of course.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote