View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 04:16 AM   #136
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
But just as the main club is registering complaints that it's lit club lite, a reqirement to nominate first here might result in a slate full of best-sellers! And they might be chosen!
we definitely don't want that! I don't want the club to be "closed" to others, but I am very very jealous of the literary aspect of it. It is opening my horizons every month, and I don't want to give that up.

So, yes to an entry cost - I had ccowie in mind (I have not checked, but I think s/he nominated first), whom I did not know before he joined us, but this is probably a very particular case.

I agree that eliminating "void" votes would not be too much trouble, perhaps we could have an "enforcer" rotating each month so as not to burden sunsurfer.

And I should add: I am very glad we are having this discussion!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote