View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #6
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Installed SearchTheInternet as per instructions. After restarting calibre, it hangs on the splash screen, calibre-debug -g gives the following:
Code:
C:\Windows\System32>calibre-debug -g
Starting up...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 250, in initialize
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 231, in initialize_db
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 200, in initialize_db_stage2
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 151, in start_gui
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 105, in __init__
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'
Removed the plugin manually and was able to restart calibre as normal (although obviously, without the plugin). I'm running 0.7.31 on XP SP3.

Any ideas?
Sorry about that, new version uploaded now. When I had this as a source code patch I had additional code in the default tweaks file. When you create standalone plugins that isn't possible so you have to add a dictionary key check before you lookup a tweak for first-time users who have not set the tweak. Apologies for the hassle - tested and working now.