View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
My Documents Disappears with 1.4 Update

I tried posting this on the B&N nook board, but it's taking too long to post -- and besides, I'll probably get better answers here.

Has this happened to anyone else? I updated to 1.4 tonight (by sideloading the update). But now I can no longer see any files in My Documents. I tried "Check for new documents," but that "checks" for a second or two and then ... shows nothing. I also tried shutting the book down and restarting, but that doesn't work. I connected it back to the computer to make sure the documents really are there -- and of course they are.

Most of my documents are in the My Documents folder -- including, of course, the document I was reading just before the update. I even tried connecting my nook to the computer (yet again), deleting the document I was reading just in case something went wrong with it (because it was open when the update was installed), then ejecting the nook again. But that didn't work, either.

My next step might be deleting all the books in My Documents and reinstalling them using Calibre. But there are a lot, so it would be a pain to have to do that.

P. S. Yes, the nook does have a good charge (87%).
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote