View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 07:40 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
And I have no obligation to buy Sony again. Why should Sony? Because that is what aggressive competitive businesses to do get you to keep buying their products.
I have lots and lots of Sony products - a Sony TV, DVD recorder, digital camera, Notebook PC, and Reader, to name but a few. I buy Sony because they make high-quality products; I certainly don't expect them do "add" stuff to the products I buy from them. I've never had a product that's done that, to the best of my knowledge.

Quote:
Because enough customers felt cheated that the product did not have it to begin with.
Sorry - "cheated"? Why would anyone feel "cheated" that a product didn't do something that its specification never claimed that it did do? If someone has false expectations about a product, that's down to poor product research on their part.

Quote:
Rokku, Slingbox, Tivo, Apple, etc... all provide frequent updates which add functionality. As a result people are exited to buy their new product.
You mention Apple as a company which does this - I've owned half a dozen iPods, but I honestly can't recall Apple ever adding a new feature to them during their lifetime - I have to go out and buy a new one if I want new features. What features has Apple added?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that if a new competing product with more functionality comes out, many people here will switch since Sony has generated very little loyalty through their non-responsive, non-supportive approach to this product.
I disagree. Many people here have reported very happy experiences with Sony Support - eg replacing a Reader even when the user has messed it up through messing with with the firmware. The only time I asked support a question I received back a polite, prompt answer. Support for my other Sony products has been equally good, which is which I keep buying Sony products -I'm on my 3rd Sony VAIO notebook, for example.

What negative experiences have you had with Sony support?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote