View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 07:36 AM   #16
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
And I have no obligation to buy Sony again. Why should Sony? Because that is what aggressive competitive businesses to do get you to keep buying their products. Because enough customers felt cheated that the product did not have it to begin with. Rokku, Slingbox, Tivo, Apple, etc... all provide frequent updates which add functionality. As a result people are exited to buy their new product. I'm pretty sure that if a new competing product with more functionality comes out, many people here will switch since Sony has generated very little loyalty through their non-responsive, non-supportive approach to this product. And, insofar as the folder option, a simple "Turn Folders On/Off" in setup avoids that problem.
Love my reader with all its faults but don't have that warm and cuddly feeling about Sony that will make me come back again.
That said, update went fine. Lets hope it doesn't break something else like the last one.
Nowadays people should not be brandminded anyway. I'll buy the thing that give me the best compromises for the price I want to give out. The brand is not even important.

If another fameless company came out with a reader which had better specs than the sony reader, i'd have bought that nameless reader (bookeen?)

But back to firmware... besides the fameless meizu miniplayer (mp3), I've never seen a firmware-updates that would add much functionality to the product.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote