View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #112
Zapped
Enthusiast
Zapped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by richman View Post
Now the reps say , sorry 298.50 is not 299 and the ad was taken down. Nothing we can do about it.
:
What is my next step.
I'd call each entity (Sony and Chase) back and ask to speak to a supervisor. Always be clear & calm, and have all your dates and credit card transaction numbers ready if you need them.

Let them know calmly that you feel you're the victim of a bait & switch scam. Phrasing it like "I know it's not your fault personally, but here's how it looks from my end of the deal..." may work to your advantage.

Assuming the supervisors repeat the party line, write down exactly what they say. Ask if the conversation is being recorded and if there is any reference number you should also write down.

Get the super's unique contact info (usually an ID number) and a physical mailing address for you to address a letter of complaint. Let them know that your letter will just be a copy of the complaint you'll write to your state's Consumer Affairs division and to your state Attorney General. See if that changes their attitude a little.

If it's still a no-go, write that clearly & calmly worded letter of complaint to your state's Consumer Affairs division or your state's Attorney General. Attach a copy of that letter to the letter you send to Sony and Chase.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.
Zapped is offline   Reply With Quote