View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
stevenharper
Connoisseur
stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
King Arthur Read-Aloud

Thanks to a video game, my son Aran has become ultra-interested in King Arthur and the knights of the round table. I pointed out that the video game was very different from the original stories, and he naturally asked how. I told him a few of the stories, but this was a challenge--I'm not an Arthurian authority--and he wanted yet more and more. Finally I surfed around and discovered LE MORT D'ARTHUR was available free for Kindle download. Perfect! Save me a trip to the library, and I could keep it as long as I wanted!

I read the first chapter to him (how Arthur became king) and expected him to say that was enough, but he demanded the next chapter (the origin of the round table) and the next (the finding of Excalibur). Aran is autistic and rarely wants to read further than chapter one in anything.

Nice!
stevenharper is offline   Reply With Quote