View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #115
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post
Any agent worth her salt will fight to limit those options clauses to the next book *within the same genre*. Hard to know what Rowling's actual contract said, but it wouldn't be unusual for a mystery book to be free for submission elsewhere even when an author is contractually obligated to keep her YA fantasy with its original publisher.
Agreed. And at her level, I'd expect she had a good agent and freedom. And she always works via lawyers so I'm sure it's all possible. I just like throwing stuff in there when we're all madly speculating. A lot of agents these days have complained they are having a much harder time getting things taken out of contracts.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote