View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #55
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I thought GM posted how to reduce the voltage?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162775

I ended up only using half of the circuit (R1 and D1). It works on my K4 and K5, but ONLY if you use a better GND than the one on the serial connector jack/pads... Or leave the USB cable connected to the same host PC as the USB adapter, for an alternate GND path through the USB cable. And I had to remove a RxD status LED from my serial adapter, because the kindle cannot pull the anode end of the diode down to logic zero with the extra current lighting the LED (even when very dim).

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-19-2012 at 01:52 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote