View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 02:31 PM   #1
l1n1234
Enthusiast
l1n1234 doesn't litterl1n1234 doesn't litter

Device: kindle
Cybook, Kindle or 505

Having difficulty deciding between the three.

Dictionary lookup is most important to me. Search function would be nice too.
I am not worried about formats supported. My ranking so far:

1. The Cybook seems to be the best option with the ability to use any mobipocket dictionary. Can someone who has a Cybook tell me how long it takes the reader to lookup a definition 5 sec, 15 sec, 30 sec? Is it usable with the navigation which is a complaint with the Cybook.

2. The Kindle has both dictionary and search but can someone confirm if you can actually change the default dictionary by loading a different mobipocket dictionary onto the Kindle. The design is horrible though and I am worried about accidentally hitting the next page button all the time. Although keyboard entry is such an advantage with future hacks I am sure.

3. The Sony prs-505 seems to be the best designed and would be my favorite if it had dictionary. I know the Dictiolauncher by autorun SD card hack is available but is it useable in real life. I read that it takes longer to find definitions at the end of the alphabet like words beginning with Z and having to push in and out the SD card each time seems impractical.

I would be grateful for any input. The Iliad is out because it is too big, slow, and expensive.

Thanks,

Lo
l1n1234 is offline   Reply With Quote