Thread: Lettered lists
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Wood View Post
It is fully reflowable. Try it! That's why I posted the .prc.

The numbering and lettering themselves are actually hard-coded, not generated at view time by an OL element. However, I am assuming that by the time a piece of text gets to the stage of formatting for the Kindle, it's pretty much finalized, and the numbers aren't going to change. So who cares if it's not an OL with on-the-fly numbering?
Hi:

I did try it--anyone who codes for Mobi would do so. I don't disagree that it looks good in Previewer (for K2, K3), but my point was that while yes, it reflows...it's not resizable, which is always a pain. It seems pretty clever, but it's all hand-coding. We've done similar, multi-level indented TOC's with tables, when we've had clients who've insisted on TOC's with hanging-indent-style "paragraphs" as the titular description of their numbered entry. (Even though Mobi is not supposed to use tables for its toc...we've made it work when we've had to).

There are no "Mobi developers," really, now; Amazon is developing KindleGen and MobiGen, and perhaps they'll manage to do something with the ol & ul issues...but both really only work at the left margin.

However, nicely done with your outline. It's something I'll tuck away for future reference. It's a clever workaround.

HTH,
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote