Thread: How Books Work
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #53
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Get 'em while they're young! ThingOne and ThingTwo love to read. We started teaching them to read early and it worked out well for us. A little too well, actually. I regularly have to confiscate books because they are reading them while using the toilet. It's not that I mind them reading while in the bathroom, it's just that they get so engrossed in the story they forget that others are dancing cross-legged just beyond the door. Luckily, they are still young enough that they don't die of mortification when Daddy comes barging in to grab the book(s) and oust them. When they get older, I'll have to teach the dog to "fetch"...

Luckily we have two toilets (but no dog). So far what I have achieved is that he cannot imagine going to sleep without mama reading something first. And it has to be from 2 books. "Mum, will you read to me?" it's very sweet to hear.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote