View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
How to make Sigil live

Actually it is a continuation of a thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=203
but I open the new one because the title of the original is not appropriate.
Let us try to be pragmatic.
I know we are all (almost all?) here because we love to read books, which is not exactly a pragmatical occupation (I read SF mostly) but it is also true that a lot of frequent posters in this forum have some programming abilities . Others have a lot of specific knowledge about moving epub field.

user_none clarification:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=51

My assumptions:
After so much work that he has put into Sigil it would be personally and professionally for him an unpleasant experience to see the program to die.
He is at the moment father of a project as an open source and the only acceptable authority (Valloric?) able to point it into the future.
C++ is from humans for dedicated humans developed: one hopes somebody who is willing to learn it has some level of competence.

My fuzzy proposal for the time being would be:
1. Define essential "must haves" for Sigil to live.
2. Ask/prompt user_none (father has his responsibilities) to specify what in his opinion should be done to achieve that.

and than think about it.

Ad 1. As I see it EPUB 3 is a must.
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote