View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #59
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Some reviewers/fanboys are raving about turn instructions. BF deal!
It is a BF deal to many people. Just because you don't use it, doesn't mean anybody else doesn't.
Quote:
Only an idiot would use their iPhone to navigate.
Now that is just trolling at the top level.
Quote:
If you want to do it right buy a dedicated device from Garmin. Garmin has been doing it right for over two decades, and they use a real GPS radio.
So does the iPhone.
Quote:
Apple doesn't know squat about maps or navigating, they only know how to attempt to force us to use THEIR fricking stuff.
No one is forcing you to upgrade. And no, Apple didn't know much about maps, which is why they bought professional companies instead.

While I do agree this roll out was too early when it comes to the satellite imagery, it is an easy thing to upgrade server side, and I'm sure it will happen ASAP due to all the complaints. The vector based parts of the maps are excellent, and a big improvement over the Google app.
Quote:
I see no reason to upgrade my iPad.
Why didn't you buy a paper map, if the map application is the only thing you use on your iPad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I've definitely decided to forgo iOS 6 at this time. I'll reevaluate my decision in the near future. Two of the major features being touted are pointless for the iPt4. Without GPS, maps are worthless; and Siri is nonexistent.
Passbook is quite nice when apps start taking advantage of it.

Quote:
As to the iPt5, I'm definitely not upgrading. RAM is only 512MB, it lacks GPS, and the entry level model is priced too high ($299).
My iPad 2 runs iOS6 just as fine as iOS5, and it also has 512 MB RAM.

My iPad 2 and iPhone 4S updated without problems, and I haven't had any bad experiences so far, albeit only running for 8 hours now. Battery life seems to have improved on my iPhone though, but it is probably too early to tell.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote