View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #8
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince_on_fire View Post
What do you, as user of E-books and E-readers, see as the biggest issue when using these technologies? What problems do you run into and what would you like to see changed?
1. DRM
2. Lack of support from publishers
3. Protectionist pricing (making e-book titles artificially high in order to protect hardcover sales).

Quote:
What made you buy an E-reader, for what purpose and 'where do you use it for?
I travel about 80% of the time for work and wanted a way to have hundreds of books at hand. I didn't want to do my reading on a laptop, and I wanted long battery life.

Quote:
What's your opinion on content supplies? Do you find it easy to get content for your device? What are the biggest problems concerning content?
See above for "biggest issue". It is easy enough, technically, to get content, meaning the mechanics of buying a book and getting it to my device are fine. Getting specific titles I want at prices I'm willing to pay is hit and miss. Make that a "miss" about 95% of the time.

Quote:
Why do you think people will not try using E-books or E-reader and what would you change to make it more interesting for non-users?
I challenge the underlying assumption here. People WILL try using e-books. The devices are selling as fast as they can be made. You're making the same fallacy here most publishers seem to be making.

Quote:
I hope you guys will help me out and share your view on these issues. I'm interested in your opinions. If you help me out you'll get a nice credit in my dissertation
No credit necessary. Credit "MobileRead.com members".

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 05-12-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote