View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #6
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurices5000 View Post
Thanks very much. I'm going to print these instructions out and try them again at the store.

I noticed that the Kindle has a separate clippings file. When you highlight something or add a note, i think it is all stored in a clippings file. I think this is pretty cool. Does Sony have anything similar?

Thanks!
Tap "All Notes" from Sony's home screen to view the notes made or sync'ed to the Reader. You can sort the entries in multiple ways (by date, by book, by type, etc.). The Sony Reader Library application also allows you to export a book's notes to your computer (open a book and click the page with a green arrow icon).

Kindle's My Clipping.txt holds a copy of each note, highlight and bookmark like log entries, in chronological order. If the book was a Kindle Store purchase, annotations are also copied to Amazon's servers and will follow the book each time it's downloaded. Server notes are viewable at https://kindle.amazon.com/home/welcome and your highlights will become part of the "Popular Highlights" feature, unless you opt out. Kindle offers no method of exporting a book's notes to your computer (although you can print from kindle.amazon.com or cut and paste from My Clippings.txt if you want to).

I prefer Sony's method, it works especially well when I'm annotating multiple documents for research or study purposes. On Sony, I use a pre-fix to categorize my notes and then I can sort them by comment to see all of the related notes across all of my books. I also appreciate being able to export my notes instantly.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote