View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 05:05 PM   #65
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
Thks! I did see that - I keep an eye on that thread for the same reason you mentioned -- I am also really hoping that it gets incorporated into PDFRead!!!! That would be really spectacular. I occasionally get in the mood to get down and dirty with that sort of thing, but more often I just settle for easy approaches to conversions (such as if it happened "automagically" as a PDFRead option). Would like to also be able to crop out things like headers/footers/pageNbrs that prevent the page from being expanded a bit on the screen, but that's not especially critical. It just means I need my glasses to see the small print.
Bob:

Sorry about that expanding "bug" with the Sony format, but I have tried everything I know to try to squash it, but to no avail (see here for more of my efforts on this). I know it makes reading less than enjoyable, but in the interest of promoting this "pi - PDFRead" idea, I attach a .lrf file produced similarly to my .imp files. Just look at the pages that are not expanded.

I also attach a .prc verision for Kindle/Cybook Gen3 users, so they can also see first hand how well .pdf's can look on small screened ebooks readers like the EBW1150 and Sony PRS-505 using pi and PDFRead! Please note that I tried to use PDFRead to convert to .prc format, but my NRhtml2mobi.exe just "hung" at the end making the .prc (i.e. took too long...) so I just finished off with Mobipocket Creator to produce this .prc. Again, crude, but got the job done.

This all should be fixed, but needs more testing to find the best solution...
Attached Files
File Type: lrf chap6-000001-0.lrf (5.11 MB, 415 views)
File Type: prc chap6-000001-0.prc (6.78 MB, 541 views)
File Type: pdf chap6.pdf (267.9 KB, 651 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-10-2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: added sample chap6.pdf used (part of pi distrubtion)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote