View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 03:53 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellett View Post
One personal note from a different viewpoint. If I only had 50 books I wouldn't be using software at all, I'd be dragging the books over to the phone with Windows Explorer. Software becomes valuable when a computerized solution is able to manage something that's become unwieldy or downright impossible to do manually due to complexity or scale or some other factor.

In CC's case, when someone hits a few hundred books, that's when you hit the knee of the value curve and CC comes into its own. At that point there's no longer any way to keep a book inventory on the phone, updated and accurately grouped by author and series, without a software solution.
It was our thought that someone would manage books with calibre, and then use calibre companion to put some books on the device to be read in the next while. In my two years of doing development work on calibre and its device drivers, I have never been able to understand why people want to put more than a month or two of reading material on a device.

My lack of comprehension notwithstanding, people *do* want to put hundreds if not thousands of books on a device. We will do what we can to support that use case.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote