View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #13
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
when I arrived, as a noob, but with some programming background, I have no idea what a "regex" was & no great desire to find out - it looked like something I could gloss over ( I was wrong!" )

so a regular expressions for dummys intro sticky would be good. even calling it a regex is too advanced for beginners!

the key stickies should be read only, and I agree that the forum would benefit form some sub-forum structure - another program forum which I use a lot has sections for:
help & tech support
web site & documentation
feature requests
chat...

yet another ( VLCplayer) splits help & troubleshooting by O/s so windows issues, mac issues, ubuncto ( or whatever its called) issues are segregated.

for calibre maybe separate core PC software issues form device ( ereader ) connectivity , and from news subscrtiptions / emailing type issues

that said, many folks will post in the nearest section regardless...
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote