View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #76
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
Except that MS won that one on the appeal just by not getting broken apart. It also has approval to lock any ARM-based Surfaces into Win8, so it wouldn't be a far stretch to extend monopolistic behavior to other parts of the OS as well.
Do you have an example of a software program that Microsoft blocked from running on it's OS? Because I can't think of one, and I've been using PCs since the DOS days--there were programs that wouldn't run on Windows, but that was because the companies that sold the program didn't write a version for Windows. Even in the days of the "browser wars" MS didn't actually block other browsers from running on it's operating system. I've been running "alternative" browsers and "office" suites on Windows since they existed.

Quote:
The outcome of the election might determine how things really go, because each political party has a differing stance on how far government should go to regulate business, and whether or not Economic Darwinism is an inherently good thing.
Straying in to politics here...be careful. We don't want to get this thread moved, too.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote