View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 11:56 PM   #8
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
ebay sometimes goes downto 230 for second hand,and demo models,shipping included.
I'm in the same position as you.
Yet I had no luck so far on ebay.
I see bids going in front of me for 222 (+ additional shipping), but when I bid they go up to 265

I've told my wife (who prefers me to wait), that I would,until the 700 comes out,and then decide.
Touchscreen is nice, and leds are ok, but not worth the extra $100 for me.
However some user said the screen refresh rate of the 700 is even faster than the 505.

Before I make my decision, I want to see if the 700's refresh rate is a lot faster or not (for anime pdf,and books), and I want to see about the battery life as well.
Should the display indeed flip pages faster than the 505, and despite it's touchscreen not use a lot more energy, I would definitely go for the 700!

So my main concern is the batterylife.

Apart from that, if you're familiar with ebay, you might want to buy a 505, have it 3 weeks earlier than a 700, and resell the 505 after a month or two with little loss,if you really find the 700 to have properties you miss on the 505.

Last edited by ProDigit; 10-22-2008 at 12:00 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote