Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #68
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post

Watch icon is gone, but if you hit the gear, time will show as well. It's the same amout of taps it used to be, is it not?...
No it's not.

I was going through the changes, going meh... it's an alright update. Nothing spectacular jumped out at me yet. I do like the addition of wishlist. I don't like the "Discover". I did like the old Home screen, minus Previews, etc. It would have been better to be able to PIN a shelf to the bottom of the Home screen where the Shortlist, Previews etc used to reside.

Then I started reading and did my usual tap center screen to bring up the options and the time. I LOVE being able to check the time just by touching the center of the screen, tapping again to hide it without really breaking my reading stride. Now my first thought when I touched the center of the screen.. WHERE THE FLUCK DID TIME GO?!?!?! Seriously was there a real need to move it off the screen? Now it's 2 extra taps to get the time. Now when I want to check the time because I am outside enjoying the sun and reading during my coffee/lunch break, I consciously have to stop reading, tap, tap, check the time, tap, tap... continue reading (assuming my break isn't over). I don't remember anyone complaining about the time being shown when you center tap the screen. I do remember lots of people requesting that the time being shown on sleep mode.

One step forward, two steps back...
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote