View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #37
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Zelda, my partner is in Toulouse at the moment, looking at les archives (he is a historian). His hotel was struck by lightning during a thunderstorm. The fire-alarm went off, the electrics went out, and there was a small electrical fire. Les sapeurs-pompiers put it out. He says that the hailstones are still lying on the streets today; they were so thick and heavy.
Was it like that in Paris? Here it has just been wet.
well, i'm sorry for your partner, i would have hoped that at least in the south the weather would be less abominable. he's looking at les archives de quoi au juste ? here it's much the same, although (so far...) no hail (maybe i shouldn't say anything though, i'm going to bring us bad luck). one minute it's fine, a nanosecond later water is pouring down in such volume as to be opaque and you have to wade through the rivers suddenly streaming along where the sidewalks used to be. lightning and thunder which goes on and on. i get somewhat nervous when it's thundering because a couple of years ago my modem was grilled by lightning (really). this is not very serious (except that after a few days of being CUT OFF FROM THE WORLD while waiting to receive my new modem i begin to hallucinate and shake uncontrollably) of course, but if it ever happens again it could be like what happened to your partner's hotel, and i would not like that at ALL.

i don't mind the rain if it happens while i am sleeping, or as long as i don't have to go outside during it. but tomorrow a friend of mine is having a going-away party on the point of the île st. louis before leaving for one year in the US, and i am afraid that it will be wetter on the bank than in the river. i don't know what she was thinking. i asked her if she was sure about having it in that location, and she said "it's ok, there's a tree there, in case it rains."
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote