View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #413
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
keeping a usb cable permanently attached to the kindle doesn't work for me..
i cart it around between home and work.. and also read in bed.. (that's one of the original purposes, right?)

in fact, i prefer to handle gadgets in their original state.. without scratch guards, covers and other paraphernalia.. i keep my PW in a padded pouch..

but i suppose usb port wear out is an issue for those who do frequent transfers.. was just wondering.. would it be possible to make the "experimental" browser access thru wifi, a ftp server running on a PC connected to the same network..?
The 'normal' default route on the Kindle **is** the wireless connection.

It is just the USB networking cable that needs some TLC to make it the default route.

I did not try to propose a solution 'for everybody' - just mentioned what some people do.
Quote:
The micro-USB connector was designed with these past failings in mind and has a rated lifetime of about 10,000 insertion cycles. This despite its apparent frailty and what may appear to be a less robust design.
From: http://electronics.stackexchange.com...r-of-micro-usb

Your battery will wear out before that connector does.

Last edited by knc1; 09-05-2013 at 10:36 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote