View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 12:17 AM   #3
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt57 View Post
I was using a Kindle DX up until I got a PPW earlier this year. When reading the book it would show a location, say, 2033 of 4000 or something like that.

People who were using later Kindle products were commenting that newer firmware upgrades allowed the reader to display actual page numbers.

So, I thought that perhaps the PPW has this feature too. However, all I can see are either location which is a single number or "time to finish reading the book" and on the right side (bottom), a percentage of progress.
Even on PW you cannot see the pages unless you open the menu, and it will show on the bottom: time left in book, time left in chapter, location, pagenumber, and percent. If it doesn't show time left in chapter, than the external TOC is not done correct. Some older books won't show page numbers either. But if you use Calibre and send to device, then even old books get their page numbers enabled.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote