View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 07:28 AM   #13
Clancy_s
Zealot
Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Yes, somewhat, but ARCs have the same issue of being only part of a book at one time, and with somewhat iffy quality, and expensive. I'd rather wait for the $6.00 version.
The one ARC I've bought was complete, and had perfectly good formatting and spelling. A regular copy was released in the usual price range a few months later, but this was both an author I think worthy of the extra support and a story I didn't want to wait for (P C Hodgell's Bound in Blood)

I'm suprised to hear that some of the ARCs have problems - the absence of them in my copy must be down to the author if it's not universal in Baen's ARC.

To the OP - in my opinion yes, both in cost and in the criteria that would lead me to buy them, but unlike hardcover paperbooks they don't take up extra space.
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote