View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #9
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
The ability to disable buttons. I bet a lot of folks wouldn't mind disable the buttons on one side since I keep hearing how easy it is to inadvertently turn a page.
Well it does have a really cool lock mode. Not the same thing as disable, but if you push the "@" key and the "Aa" key, the screen shows a pic (from a series of very cool random pics) and you don't have to worry about anythnig being clicked. It's much faster than turning off and on and doesn't require any juice.

They call it "sleep" mode, but it's not like a computer going to sleep, it's more like a quick key lock or screen saver. Very fast and it's how I keep it on in between reading sessions (but not overnight).

But it would be neat to find a hack or someway to make this mode use user pics.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote