View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #5
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...95&postcount=5

Did you read the thread a few posts down titled 'Is this normal on the Glo'? There's a photo of the screen as it's lit up right there - I haven't had any evenness issues myself, although there are a few people reporting bright spots, at least for people who bought it in Eastern Canada and one or two in the U.K.

I'm wondering how many of those are actual defects, versus people seeing the shadows at the very bottom and thinking 'OMG! I've got a bright spot!'. No complaints about discoloration in the forums about the Glo, though.
I did see that thread, thanks--it's safe to say I'm probably not going to be a person freaked out by the light sources (I know a lot are, including a lot of the Paperwhite complaints). I know a lot of it also comes from people not understanding the tech (i.e., that e-ink is not LCD). Some of the Paperwhite screens are really screwy, though, specifically the color blob/blue & pink cloud effect.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote