View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Multiple books convert on send, Repeats Metadata Send

Observation:
As the subject says:
I selected a few books and clicked Send to Device (my PEz)
some of the books did not have EPUB available, so Calibre asked if I wanted to convert (Yes).
11 conversions queued . I opened Jobs to look-see
As I watched, after each conversion the book was sent. Then I watched it send the Metadata (this is a big file as there are lots of books on my device) and watched it burn (waste) over a minute of process time that just got done after the next book finished.

Is this just the way it has to happen or could it be made to hold off on sending metadata until all queued Device jobs finish?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote