View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 05:51 AM   #11
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamizase View Post
I am not sure if I understand, the Sony reader has the full page, A4 size, shown on a 6" screen, so it's effectively shrunk a bit more than two times, while the jetBook got the margins Brissed (almost 1.5" on each side), so the page fits almost 1:1? If yes, the no wonder the letters on the Sony look so thin, as antialiasing seems to kick in. You'd need to zoom in about twice on the Sony to give a better comparision.
I was really comparing the jetBook with the iPad to see if it could render the PDF better when displaying all the text (as Ectaco claim it can with the 1200x1600 sub-pixel resolution). I threw in the PRS-T1 as that has a 600x800 screen which is what some people were expecting the jetBook would look like. Clearly it's better than that, and in my opinion much better than the iPad too so Ectaco weren't exaggerating (or at least not much).

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote