View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #10
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonamunda View Post
Change your OS then try again
I'm about to try Ubuntu (for the 3rd time). It either didn't like my motherboard or GPU.

This time I have a GPU that's faster than my whole system. We'll see if that makes it any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mldavis2 View Post

My solution (insane and impossible as it may be) is to require training and licensure before allowing people on the internet. That would virtually eliminate the millions of people who fall for bogus scam artists, Nigerian $Millions and malware hoaxes. If we could eliminate those who unwittingly acquire and spread these viruses, the criminals would go find another more lucrative form of financial theft and digital mischief.

That would work as well as Drivers Ed. Lots of nice people still have stupid accidents.

I vote that we reopen the gulags in Russia. But without electricity, computers, phones, etc. Twenty years should be long enough.

Another problem is that no matter what we do there are people planning to work around the defenses.

I laughed the first time that I heard that people could put a virus in a word document. Going to the PC World front page I sat this;
Apple MacBook Batteries Vulnerable to Malware, Destruction. I'm not laughing.

This too has been in the news lately;
DHS: Imported Tech Tainted with Backdoor Attack Tools

We can either tolerate the problem, or ..... Or what?

Last edited by SameOldStory; 07-24-2011 at 07:08 PM.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote