View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #15
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
The reason i want all the books is that i never want to connect it to a computer again.it would be a portable library.so i can read a physics text book one day and if need to pass some time i can read gibbons after browsing whats on offer.

the kindle 3 fails as it becomes unusable after 3000 books

As regards organizing them they would be organized as authors folders or subject matter folders.in the kindle 3 somebody wrote a utility called Kollections which creates collections automatically and it works.

i don't know if there is a similar facility for the kobo glo.

It is also vital that we lobby kobo to have explorer like folder support as it improves the usefulness of the device immensely.

a cheap touch screen 4 gb mp3/mp4 player costing £12 from china has explorer type folder support so why can't the idiots at kobo not implement it?

instead they have messy stuff like very labour intensive "bookshelfs collection" and firmware that messes up everything in terms of organization.
The Kobo and Sony readers have better collection support through calibre than the kindle 3 and the collections don't move around.

There are Eink readers with folder support although they are pricier I believe and not as available in stores.

All of the readers I have tried have some deficiencies IMO but I would not call the developers idiots and again IMO any of the eink readers I have used are far more useful for reading and organising ebooks than cheap touch mp3 players I have tried.

BTW You may have replied to the wrong post?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote